Wednesday 4 July 2012

6th Edition White Scars List

I
Before I start, don't you think the guy on the far right in this picture looks remarkably like Tadanobu Asano (who played Genghis Khan in the film Mongol)?

So, as mentioned I'm planning on attending the Throne of Skulls tournament later this year (my first ever tournament!).

I really want to take my White Scars, so I've been reading up for the past few months on bike-army tactics

The list I've been focusing on, from the website above, has been up until now as follows:

1500 points
Captain w/ bike, relic blade, artificer armor
Bike Squad w/ extra bike, 2x melta guns, attack bike, multi-melta
Bike Squad w/ extra bike, 2x melta guns, attack bike, multi-melta
Bike Squad w/ extra bike, 2x plasma guns, attack bike
Bike Squad w/ extra bike, 2x flamers, attack bike
Landspeeder Squad w/ extra landspeeder, 2x typhoon launchers
Landspeeder Squad w/ extra landspeeder, 2x typhoon launchers
Vindicator w/ dozer blade
Vindicator w/ dozer blade


(Hat tip to the excellent 'Red Archer' for this).


However, the inclusion of allies, plus the dominance of flyers in the 6th edition, has led me to make several important changes.


I have still to receive my rule book through the post, so cannot say for sure that the following list is 'road legal', but here's what I came up with this morning.

The Vendetta squadron may be particularly difficult to manoeuvre, so I may swap out one for some kind of fortification (with anti-air).



Captain w/bike - 135
Bike squad w/2 bikes/2 melta guns/attack bike/ mmelta - 210
Bike squad w/2 bikes/2 plasma guns/attack bike/ - 210
Bike squad w/2 bikes/2 plasma guns/attack bike/ - 210
Stormtalon w/TL Lascannon - 150 points
Assault squad w/five marines - 190
Allies:
Company command squad - 50 points
Platoon - 2 squads - 100 points
Vendetta w/ sponsons -140 points
Vendetta w/ sponsons -140 points
Vendetta w/ sponsons -140 points

2 comments:

  1. I like the list, and it has potential, but I am pretty sure that you need to take a platoon command squad in order to make your platoon legal. Another option would be to take some veterans for some cheap melta and plasma guns in mass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Yeah, you're absolutely right. Also veterans does seem a good choice in lieu of the platoon.

      I'm still pretty new to Guard, but I think they have some of the best potential as allies

      Delete