Thursday 5 July 2012

My Vision of a White Scars Biker

This is the first of my pre-heresy White Scars. As mentioned, I abandoned the idea of jet bikes in favour of GW bikes.

I've used a plastic skeleton horse to decorate the bike. I removed the spine from the horse and splayed it out across the bike. It involved a hell of a lot of trimming and cutting. I broke a few ribs of the horse, and cut a chunk out of my thumb (ouch) but on the whole it was fairly straight forward. Ask me that after I've done fifteen of these, and I might give you a different answer.

I had to green stuff one section on the neck. I'm pretty poor at sculpting, but hopefully I've done a decent enough job so you won't notice it once it's sprayed up.

I can imagine that it may be fairly difficult to paint and shade the white, in between the ribs, but I'll come to that later on.

The plume is from an Ork boy head, and the lance is obviously from a Grey Knight.

I love the fluff of White Scars, and even took a bash at writing a short story for Black Library. However, I don't think the Mongolian background for them has been fully explored. The Hunt for Voldorious wasn't too bad, but I gave up halfway through 'Savage Scars' as there really wasn't anything to distinguish the White Scars from any other marine chapter. My favourite White Scars fluff has to be an (extremely) short cartoon in Warhammer Monthly called 'Pilgrim'.

I'd like to think that it's common practice for White Scars to mount the skeleton of the horse which served them in a previous life, on their bikes. That way the spirits of their horses continue to ride with them and guide them in their new lives as Astartes.

1 comment:

  1. Once you paint that green stuff like the rest of the bones, you will not even be able to notice the difference. Good work!

    ReplyDelete