Friday 25 May 2012

The end of another painting week

This is the unit I've been working on most of the week, just an hour or so every morning. I reckon they took me together about eight or nine hours in total, so just over an hour per miniature.

The speed has increased from the last squad of eight that I did a few weeks back, but I still hope to improve further in order that I finish the army by June 16.

I was particularly impressed by the new GW flesh tones. Here I used ratskin flesh, followed by the flesh wash, and then bestigor and ungor flesh layers.





This is the rhino I painted last weekend. As you can see, I've made extensive use of the Forge World decals. You probably can't see it here, but on the left facing there's a particularly nice scroll work, which I was particularly impressed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment