Monday 21 May 2012

Jetbikes!

I'm not normally excited by the prospect of work, but today I skipped happily into the office after collecting three packages from  the reception area.

The largest, pictured above, contains 16 javelin jetbikes from Chapter House Studios. Here's what they look like, outside of the box.


In addition, I also received a box of plastic tomb kings horses, and about 30 ork heads. No, I'm not in the process of converting undead ork cavalry, I'll be adding these bits to spruce up the jetbike. I'm going to attempt to place the horse skull in between the bolters, and spread out the spinal column across the bike. 

Then, I plan to hack off the topknots of the ork boyz heads and stick them either by the exhaust of the bike, or on top of the space marine backpack. 

This morning, I also purchased 15 marines in 'crusade armour' from Forge World, and two resin landspeeder Tempests. I know that pre-heresy landspeeders are supposed to be more sparse than modern landspeeders, but I couldn't resist the design, which is totally awesome. 

Yesterday I created a painting schedule for my Templars. I have a week off at the beginning of June, so I'm planning on spending about six hours a day painting. I reckon I should be finished on June 16, all going well. Now I just need to figure out how to photograph my minis!

No comments:

Post a Comment