Friday 25 May 2012

Magneto

Yesterday I received a set of magnetic flying stands from an ebay seller called lianne_c. They are utterly fantastic. I don't know whether it's just because I'm new to the concept of a magnetic flying stand, but these are just great.

I've seen some pretty complicated set ups for magnetic stands, particularly the type which allows you multiple poses. The problem seems to stem from the fact that they're all based on transparent acrylic stalks.

This one is extremely simple, and allows you a variety of dynamic poses.

The only trouble is that the magnet is fairly large, and I'm not sure whether it's possible to drill a hole deep enough to sink it in. So instead, it rests on the outside of the model.




Now this isn't a problem so much with a large model like the land speeder, as you can't see the underside of the model anyhow. However, with my jet bikes, it may yet cause a bit of grief, as it's patently obvious from the side of the model. I've yet to stick one onto my trial model, but I'll keep you, my non-existent readers, updated about how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment